Vacaciones en Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru
November 30th 2006
Published: June 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nadine and I were traveling from Quito, the Capital of Ecudor all the way down to Peru and flew from the border directly to Lima, the Capital of Peru. In Lima we did not stay for a long time, but wanted to continue as soon as possible to Cusco where we started our 4 days walking journey, the Inka trail. The first day we managed without any problems, on the second day we came to our limits, reaching peaks and walking and walking and walking without seeing an end. We were pretty proud of us when we finally reached the base camp. the very next day I did not feel very good, I guess I had a little Altitude sickness, I suffered from headache and felt a bit weak. But this day also passed by and on the 4th day we finally reached Machu Pichu the ancient, sacred place for the Inkas. It is a beautiful place full of mystic, we enjoyed it from the early sunrise until the hot, sunny afternoon, when all the tourists also arrived on the sanctuary.

this was a great experience and with lots of new energy and clean cloths we made our way to the titicaca lake on the border to bolivia. We spend a lot of time in the bus, because we also wanted to go to La Paz for a few days, where we were biking the most dangerous road in the world. We had a lot of fun with dust and dirt and some muscle ache, but luckely noone got hurt.

Back in Peru we took a step back, went slowly from Puno to Arequipa, and further to the Nasca lines. We arrived there at 6 o'clock in the morning and the flights were at 8 o'clock. We therefore went on this little 4-sit plane, without having breackfast and still tired and I think the pilot was some kind of kamikaze pilot from the middle east...I was happy to reach ground after half an hour, but we also saw some nice Nasca lines, more or less...

After all those adventoures in Peru we decided to go back to Ecuador and enjoy our last week of holiday on the Galapagos Islands.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0153s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb