Cuenca - Trujillo (Border Crossing)


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Trujillo
October 1st 2015
Published: October 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

OK So here's a quick 101 on crossing the border from Cuenca Ecuador to Peru & getting to Trujillo in 1 day.



1st Bus:

Super Semeria bus company goes from Cuenca - Chiclayo, stopping at: Mancora, Piura. Departs at 10pm

Cost: $15 Mancora, $20 Chiclayo.

Luggage: Stored underneath, it's tagged you are given a matching sticker that is put on the back of your ticket.

Seats: Comfy and spacious with leg rests.



Journey time: Approx. Mancora 5.5hrs, Piura 8.5hrs, Chiclayo 11hrs - we arrived at 9am in Chiclayo.



*Tip - book in the morning/day before to be able to choose your seats you don't want to be near the toilets!*



Border crossing: This was extremely simple. You walk into the building, fill in the Ecuadorian form, hand over your passport get an exit stamp. Go to the Peru desk (literally side by side) fill in the Peru form & get a stamp to enter the country 😊 happy days.



It took us about 20mins to get through as we started as the 1st bus there & didn't have too many passengers but they are pretty efficient so can't see it being to bad at any time.



Changing money: In Chiclayo the Linea terminal has an ATM but it will definitely charge you or you can walk into the centre of town (not far) & find a bank or a money changer which line the pavement near the banks offering reasonable rates.

*Tip - BCP bank did not charge me for withdrawing money on my Caxton card however they did charge Jin's Chinese card*



Bus 2:
In Chiclayo turn right out of the bus terminal & walk till you see the Emtrafesa terminal down the street to your right (I think it was a couple of blocks) this is the ONLY bus company that goes to Trujillo no matter what the signs of others say.

To Trujillo buses run fairly regularly & cost S/.14.
You hand in your luggage & you get given a matching ticket.
It took appx. 4hrs we caught the 10.15am & got to Trujillo at just gone 3.
The landscape is quite bleak & the bus is quite comfortable.

From Trujillo we caught a red & yellow bus to Huanchaco for S/.1.50 which took about 30 mins.

We had finally arrived after almost 16hrs on buses!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb