Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno
September 2nd 2007
Published: September 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

After three nights of pure luxury in Rio we flew to Lima in Peru. Bit of a shock to the system. We have spent the last two weeks travelling around Peru. The Amazon jungle was our first stop which was very hot and full of the most amazing monkeys, tarantulas etc. We went out on a night safari to look for crocdiles, fished in the river, swam in the river etc etc. Next we arrived in Cuzco which is a really lovely town with great food, museams, cathedrals and people. Unfortunatly our next stop was the Inca Trail. Well, we survived. I can definately say it will be our first and only trek as a married couple. The walking itself was actually fine, though weather was very cloudy so did not get great views. The campsites however were pretty much concrete squares with the most disgusting toliets I have ever encountered. Macchu Piccua was amazing, but if you are thinking of going take the train! Tonight we are in Puno on the banks of Lake Titicaca, tomorrow we are going to visit the island made of reeds and then stay with a local indian family with no indoor toliets, no electricty etc. Beginning to wonder why we signed ourselves up for these things, it seemed like such a good idea in February. Anyway in a few days we are flying to the Galapogas Islands for a week of relaxation with Max - we are counting down the days!
Hope all is good with everyone at home, will be thinking of you all going back to school on Monday!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.355s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb