Flight back to Lima .. Again


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno
July 7th 2005
Published: July 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Plaza de MayorPlaza de MayorPlaza de Mayor

Where's Pizzaro?

After a wonderful nights rest at Wary Naywa Hotel in Puno, we woke up at 5:00 AM ... again, to catch a collectivo over to Juliaca (Puno suburb) for the airport. The drive was ok, except for the fact the person beside me felt the need to open her window... we froze for the entire 45 minute trip.

When we arrived at the airport we heard rumors of a bombing in London from some people who had caught the morning news before they left their hotel room. The TV in the airport seemed to running a re-run of yesterday evening news.

The rumors were beginning to spread, UK residence began frantically making calls. Everyone at the gate seating area was eagerly waiting for a news flash update. Before that ever occurred an airport security personnel quickly changed the channel to a computer animated princess and the pauper children's cartoon. Not a single child in the entire airport..... I guess ignorance for the masses is bliss....

The flight was smooth, except for the less than B.O. free gentleman sitting next to Alessandra...... no not me!!

Once in Lima we got a ride over to our Hostel in
Mountain de PeruMountain de PeruMountain de Peru

Distant Peruvian Mountain
Miraflores (safer district of southern Lima)

We took it slow for the rest of the day, tried to find some Turkish food in an attempt to change the pace of cuisine... the cabbie tried to convince us out of eating Turkish food, once we got to the restaurant we found out why.... Turks would have cried it was so bad.

We decided to settle our stomachs with soda and popcorn while watching Guerra Del Mundo, starring Tom Cruise. Not bad... but the ending kinda petered out.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb