Chris.P.Bacon


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno » Puno
March 11th 2016
Published: March 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The air was so thin that I couldn't sleep a wink. Every time my breathing slowed down I had to wake up to take a deep gasp. Fortunately, the kids and Cas were able to sleep through. Cas woke with a headache and we are both feeling the effects of attitude sickness; it's like having a very bad hangover.
There was a bowl of coco leaves next to the hot water at breakfast and I'd read that drinking coco tea can help. They look like bay leaves and the taste is very mild.
We had a wander around Puno and went to visit a quirky exhibition of traditional costumes. However, it was empty when we arrived.
The kids are clearly going through a growth spurt, Hat in particular, as their attention quite quickly turned to 'are we having lunch now'. On the way we popped into a travel agents to enquire about the tourist bus to Chivay in two days time.
We were the only people in the restaurant which was recommended in our Lonely Planet guide book. The food was good, I think it was just rather early.
Ed and Hat have peeling noses, a throw back to too much sun in Paracas. Ed's is looking particularly crispy, looking he the bacon he loves.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0944s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb