Day 216 Peru, Puno, Lake Titicaca


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Puno » Lake Titicaca » Uros Island
June 22nd 2015
Published: June 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,



Pick-up from hostel was at 7am, they turned up a little late but still turned up!! They dropped us off at the main pontoon harbor terminal. Here we met our guide and he walked us down to our motorboat to the Uros Floating Islands.



It took only 30 mins to get to the floating island and once there, had approximately 1h30 hours with the locals explaining how the islands came about, by tying the reads and roots together once they break free on the lake bottom to create the main base and building upon them layer by layer. We had the opportunity to buy their locally made crafts too. The islands were amazing especially seeing how they have built something out of nothing.



We continued on to Taquile Island across the Inca’s sacred lake for another 2 hours. Once we arrived we had to walk up hill for ages (after the Inca trail it was the last thing we wanted to do!!).



The island is nice but it was not worth coming to. We wished we had only done the floating islands. We had to pay for lunch when we got there, the meal was asparagus soup, trout with chips and rice. It turned out to be really good and was only 20 soles so not too bad!!



In the evening after we were dropped off we cooked up some dry pasta meals we had still, I was unlucky again because as I put salt into it the lid came off so my dinner was very salty!! L



We walked into town in the late evening to get some artwork we had seen, we walked the main street before heading back to the hostel to sleep as we had another stupid 6am wake up, to get to the bus station for our bus to Bolivia.





Love N&V x


Additional photos below
Photos: 116, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb