Mancora


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Piura » Máncora
July 7th 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Another nightmare journey... the bus starts an hour late then breaks down at midnight so we have to change. Never woken so have to get off at the end of the line! 3 options, wait 2 hours for the bus to Mancora which takes 2 hours... Get in a dodgy local combi for 2 hours or pay the taxi driver 40 dollars to get me there in an hour. I opt for the last one as at 5am I just want to get to bed.
Check into Sol y Mar, notorious for thefts but the cheapest place and right on the beach. Up at lunch time for sunbathing and manage to find the boys who also arrived that morning. That evening we eat at the hostel which does great food and bring our own rum and coke. A small child (Jenson) sells us some cake and we get talking, it is his 9th birthday the next day, the same day at Ruth who is in our group. He isn´t celebratign though as his mum says he can´t so we tell him to come back at midday and we will get him a cake.
Unfortunately the quiet night becomes a large one so most of us miss him at 12. While having birthday cocktails at 3 though we find him. Ruth dashes off to get the piñata while I keep him and his friend talking. When she gets back the spiderman piñata is as big as him! He is so excited he can´t believe it, then him and his friend have to carry it between them and off they trot home.
Large night out for Ruth´s birthday, but there is only one place to go in town anyway.
The rest of the time spent on the beach, partying and chatting to Jenson every night when he comes to see us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb