Doubling back


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Piura » Máncora
June 18th 2009
Published: June 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Heres a little easy going chillaxing blog to fill in the bits since the Galapagos. The next one should be a big one again cos we are on our way to Cusco and the Inca Trail.
So we flew back to Guayaguil in the south of Ecuadr after the Galapagos. Its a bigger city than Quito, the capital. And once upon a time a pretty dangerous place I believe being a big port. But loads of money has been pumped into it. It has a beautiful waterside promenande now that is gorgeous and crawling with cops so completely crime free. We only had one nigt here so visited it and buzzed about the city during the day. We taught we had our fill of wildlife too until we ventured into a local park and found Iguanaus all over the place! Nobody was passing a blind bit of notice of them. Score.
After here we headed to the coast to Puerto Lopez....seaside fishing place beside a national park. It was grand but there was nothing new there so we jus hung out playing pool in the hostel.
Our next stop was back into Peru and to Mancora. This is a surf beach with year round sunshine in north of Peru. We had been looking forward to this for months cos we had met lots of people who told us about it. Plus we felt that after wrestling snakes and spiders in the jungle and then fighting off sharks in the Galapagos that we deserved a bit of down time...relaxing and partying. We have noticed that we have become very good to ourselves lately as well. We´re starting to really like our comfort...must be age, colies age that is. We spent one night in a backpacker hostel and then came across a resort right on the beach that had studio apartments to let that had an outdoor pool and jaguzzi and that felt more right. We had planned on only being here 5 days but that has now turned into 10. Now its not all easy either...the pool is at least 30 metres from our room over some very hot bricks, we only have two movie channels and 2 flies landed in my cocktail yesterday!
So we are leaving here for Lima tonight. Its an overnight bus for 18 hours...but they have beds on them so happy days.
No other news really. We only have about weeks of this trip left so will be doing a good bit of moving over the next few weeks then its hello New Zealand. Looking forward to that actually. Ony it will be freezing! But that also means Skiing! Yeay!
No word on the Aussie Visa but we´ll keep the fingers crossed and see what happens next month.
Oh yeah....Colm´s Hair Progress Report. Progress is a bit of a strong word really cos he is looking more Neanderthal everyday...but we are posting pics for you to see!
Lots of love guys. XXXX


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

SorrySorry
Sorry

but if they insist on naminig products in this way...
Darlene 010Darlene 010
Darlene 010

I will continue to find it funny
JesusJesus
Jesus

I dont know what to say any more..


23rd June 2009

Hey guys, haven't had a read of your blog for a while... so just had a great read to catch up with what you've been doing. I'm just in awe... you're really making the most of it and it's so great to hear all the things you've been doing! Fair play! Will be dying to hear all about the Inca Trail next! Everything here is grand. It was Layla's brithday on Saturday so we had a great day... she asked me yesterday if she's still 3! Other than that it's same old... Try and skype us the next time you get a chance... Darlene, you look great - shame you've to hang around with that head of hair you call a boyfriend! :) xx
25th June 2009

Hola
Loving the hair Collie, rock on Tommy, hah hah! : ) My heart is really bleeding for yez, what with the terrible hot bricks and the very rude, drunken flies. Iguanas are cool! I was staying in London 2 weeks ago and the people there had a bearded dragon. Cool little dude so he was. Ski time on the horizon eh? Happy days. Have a carve for me! Love, Gar

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 17; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0737s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb