Now we´re talking baby!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Piura » Máncora
February 17th 2008
Published: February 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Took an overnight bus from Lima, a seriously comfortable bus with two movies shown and then totally darkness....actually slept most of the way. Arrived in Mancora (famous beach resort in Northern Peru) at 8.30am.... hordes of guys trying to convince you to go to different hostels and hostels.... anyway agreed with one fella and he called his friend the taxi driver over to bring us there...... by the way the taxi is a Tut-tut! Fine, no worries, rucksacks strapped in and off we go. Except that the paved road does not last long and over 20 mins later of pure pain bouncing up and down we arrive at the "hotel" - we took a quick look around but our first impression had been "run away as fast as you can!", lovely taxi driver smiled knowingly and said he knew a better one five mins further on.... ok lets go. Yes, the next place was so much nicer but the room would not be free until the afternoon and we wanted to see it before we committed. So unfortunately said Ciao. We had spotted a few nice ones closer (not much closer to town - still 15 mins of ouch) so off we went back the road. Went into Bonitas and loved the girl immediately, loved the hotel and especially loved the room. Balony with hammock overlooking the pacific.... sunshine every day of the year here. Big fabulous waves (although I have not been surfing yet, tomorrow is penciled in for that!) and gorgeous desserted beaches. All good.
Going to Ecuador on an overnight bus tomorrow night. Oh, today (Sunday) is the day I was supposed to get back to Ireland... the 13 weeks have totally flown. No ticket home booked yet but will let you know as soon as I do it.
Lx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0843s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 8; ; mem: 1.1mb