Puerto Maldonado


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Madre de Dios
August 2nd 2014
Published: August 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

DSC09072DSC09072DSC09072

"Tuk-tuk"
Puerto Maldonado is a very nice town. In my opinion it reminds a little bit Thailand, more like those little cities there. There aren´t a lot of cars, but kinda "mototaxis" something like Tuk-Tuks. It´s a funny way to get from A to B, and whats also important for a traveller- it´s not expensive. Normally they take 3 Soles. Also a funny way- take the "single-person-moto-taxi", where yo sit on the moto with the driver. It´s the way more faster way, and even cheaper- for 1 Sol they take you to the Plaza de Armas. But it´s a little bit risky, as you are not wearing any helmet.

The best about Puerto Maldonado is the jungle-feeling you have. You are still in a town, but when you live the town 10 minutes by boat, you find yourself in a jungle. It´s a pity that it´s only a tourisic one. There are many tours you can make to the jungle. If you want to make a tour like that, it´s the best to buy it there in Puerto Maldonado, not in Cusco or somewhere else, as the prices will be higher. I made two tours, one with Carlos Expeditions. It wasn´t
DSC09074DSC09074DSC09074

"single-person-moto-taxi"
bad, for the price I paid. I booked a trip to the jungle, with zip-lining, Canopy, kayak and the Monkey island. Well, zip- lining and Canopy was kinda short, there was just 2 bridges and two short lines, but it was fun though. The bad part about Carlos Expeditions is that you are in a big group, so you can´t really enjoy it. But the Monkey island was great, you can see a lot of monkeys. The second tour I made was with the hostel Tambopata. It was a tour to the "Lago Sandoval", which was amazing. It´s not very expensive and you are in a group of max. 7 people, which is great, because you can enjoy it more.

The best place to eat is at Burgos´s Restaurant, it´s next to the Tambopata hostel, near the Plaza de Armas. It looks very noble, the food is delicious and it´s actually cheap. You have also a salad buffet which is amazing. I would totaly recommend it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

DSC09099DSC09099
DSC09099

On the way to the jungle tours
DSC09192DSC09192
DSC09192

Monkey island


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb