Inka Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu- don´t take Qory Llacta!!!!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
August 9th 2014
Published: August 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

I booked my trip in Cusco (Agency- Qory llacta). It was a 4 days/3 nights tour. I would totaly recommend this tour, but notthe agency!

The first day we went by van to Abra de Malagas. From there started our adventure. We were riding (nearly) all the time downhill, from a high of bit more than 4000 meters to a high of aprox. 1500 meters. It was really awesome. You feel like you are flying and the view was amazing. Then we arrived in Santa Maria, a really small town. The next day in the morning we started our day with a rafting tour. It lasted 1 and a half hour. It was the first time I was making it and wondered that I didn´t fell into the water :P After the rafting we started our 6/7 hours walk to Santa Theresa. The first part wasn´t that easy, because yo have been going only uphill. From the highest point you have the most amazing view you will see in the tour, in my opinion of course. Then you walk downill, till the river, which is passing between the mountains. It was really great. I think the best would have been to camp there, I´m sure it would have been amazing. Before we got to Santa Teresa, we had in our programme the hot-springs. It was very nice too.

On the next day we had zip-lining on our programme. There where 5 lines, the highest one 200 meters. I had a lot of fun, but there where to many people. Later on we continued walking from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes, which was a 3 hours walk. In Aguas Calientes, the agency told us that they didn´t get any ticket for the train for us, so we would have to walk on the next day from Aguas Calientes to Hidroelectrica where they would wait for us with a van to bring us back to Cusco. But we (2 friends of mine and me) were so tired, so we took a train to Hidroelectrica.When we arrived there (we hadn´t had much time in Machu Picchu, because we had to head to Hidroelectrica cause at 3 o´clock the van should have wait) there was no space in the van, so they put us in a taxi to Santa Maria and gave us 60 Soles for all of us to get from there to Cusco. But in Santa Maria everybody wanted 100 Soles per person, there was jst a truck, which took us to Cusco. We have been in a closed truck for 6 hours, without any possibilities to go to the toilet and without stop. We felt like people who try to get illegally in an other country, due to the fact we had to pass two controlls, in which we had to be quiet, so they wouldn´t notice we are in the trck. I mean it was an adventure. Now we can laugh about it.

Advertisement



24th August 2014

Hi! We had the same experience with another agency. My advice is NOT to take agency tour to visit Cusco and Machu Picchu, we spent a lot of money but then we realized is very very simple to get to those places by yourself. It's the same thing in all the peruvian tourist cities.... just take care of yourself and be safe!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb