Puerto Maldonado


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Madre de Dios » Puerto Maldonado
January 11th 2009
Published: January 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

And we´re done with the jungle blog. In case you´re wondering why we have that much time on vacation, it´s because there is nothing to do here in Puerto Maldonado. We booked the flights before the jungle trip, and are left here with two night and a full day tomorrow to fill. Fortunately our hotel is nice and has free internet, so we can waste time doing all of this!

We rode from the airport in one of these- http://picasaweb.google.com/mcgringo2007/PuertoMaldonadoTambopata#5143507812802035954

Which was very noisy, slow, and uncomfortable! It rained heavily and we ventured out for lunch to find almost everywhere closed on a Sunday. Fortunately we found one place, El Asadazo, which was open and had food. It was amazingly good, and the first meal since the beginning of Cusco that I´ve eaten heartily and with enjoyment, eating a big chorizo sandwich and papas fritas. Everyone here seems to glare at us and be unfriendly, so we´ll be watching a lot of Americn tv out from the rain and doodling online.

The only thing to do here is butterfly house that we haven´t found yet, so hopefully we´ll find that tomorrow! Nothing else important to report, just finishing up what we started and letting everyone know we´re safely out of the jungle and in a nice hotel albeit a boring town. Unless something amazing happens we´ll probably blog again when we get to Lima on the 13th where we are planning a full end of the trip with a Ballestas Islands excursion to see booby birds, penguins, sea lions, and more! I´m very excited, and we both are thinking fondly of snow at this point. The jungle was so unbelievably hot and humid and so is Puerto Maldonado. So stay warm and safe, I hope that the jungle posts are easy enough to read and enjoyable!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb