In the jungle.......


Advertisement
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, I´ll start by saying that I am extremely dissapointed about this website crashing. For those of you that had been following the blogs, you know how much info was lost. Life goes on though right. Well I have three little adventures ready to be ¨blogged¨, the narrative may be a bit short though, my apologies. I am now on the road, and internet access is kinda rare. Anyways...

the Mighty Jungle



From the 27th to the 29th of July we made it out to the Amazon Basin, more specifically Puerto Maldonado. It was a short 45min flight down out of the Andes into the depths of the jungle. Upon arrival in the small town of Puerto Maldonado we took hour and a half boat ride down the river to our lodge, Eco-Amazonia. Eco-Amazonia is a nearly self sufficient eco-lodge on the Rio Madre de Dios, a tributary of the Amazon. We stayed for three days and two nights and had an absolute blast. One of the best things about it though was the oxygen. After living nearly a month at 11,000´, the low lying jungle was a welcome relief.
Our stay included a trek to ´Monkey Island´, a
Motorcycle DiariesMotorcycle DiariesMotorcycle Diaries

Town of Puerto Maldonado
night time boat ride on the river cayman spotting and a 15 mile hike through the deep jungle. The pictures tell most of the story. We saw tarantulas, monkeys, tapir, cayman, macaws....and an anaconda. The anaconda was most definitely the highlight. It was only the 2nd one our guide had seen in ten years of work, really cool experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Eco-AmazoniaEco-Amazonia
Eco-Amazonia

View from our window.
FloralFloral
Floral

Monkey Island flowers.
Tree HouseTree House
Tree House

On top of a 125´tree house in the middle of the jungle.


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb