Tres amigoes in peru!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
July 28th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hola from peru,

The journey to peru was a bit of a mission and did not go entirely smoothly. There was the newark nightmare in which we had 45mins to get off one plane and onto the next, which involved us sprinting with our backpacks between 2 terminals due to so idiot that held up the plane in heathrow.
Anyway after near enough 30 hours of traveling and 9000miles we arrived in Lima and checked into the Point hostal which was awesome really friendly people and everyone enjoyed a drink, so true to form we changed straight away and went to the bar.
Lima itself didnt have too much to offer the air is unclean and there isnt that much to see, we did go to the main square-plaza de armas- but we missed the guard change. There was a pre-inca temple to see in the middle of the city where they used to worship the sea by sacrificing fertile woman, the temple was built using adobe blocks and has withstood all the earthquakes over the years, whereas newer buildings have fallen, very clever but not enough not to sacrifice random woman.
After Lima we got on a bus for a 5 hour journey to huacachina to start going nuts on the dunes with the sandboards which has left me aching in places that i didnt know could ache. The whole place is an oasis that can be walked around in 2 mins and looks as though it may be swallowed by the desert at any moment with 2 huge dunes either side. The first night we stayed in a a hostle room that was possibly the worst room i have ever been in in my life and smelt just as bad, so first thing in the morning we said adios and moved. We booked onto a buggy tour which takes you out in the desert and up onto the dunes to board, our driver was completly loco which was cool as it turned out to be better than any rollercoster i have ever been on, at one point we actually took off for like 5 seconds. We climbed up the top of a mountain sized dune to watch the sunset, which was incredibly hard work i was considering camping and pushing for the summit the next day, it was worth it tho as the view of the sunset in the desert from up there was breathtaking. We got pretty good at the sandboarding by the second day and that was more than enough so we decided to head to nazca the next morning.
Im in Nazca at the moment, we got a flight over the lines earlier today they are a very impressive sight we arent going to stay tonight as there is not alot else to do here, we are traveling overnight to Arequipa in a couple of hours.
Ill keep you all updated if you want to see Bens account and a few more pics then follow http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/benny-boy/
adios amigoes


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

patto´s new girlfriendpatto´s new girlfriend
patto´s new girlfriend

patto was upset when he found out she spits.
dos amigos dos amigos
dos amigos

patto and ben enjoying the sunset together.
Pro Boarder?Pro Boarder?
Pro Boarder?

i seem to have forgoten something


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb