Arrival in Peru!!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
June 24th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After 5 days of travelling from Nosy Be in Madagascar to get to Peru, we finally arrived at Lima on the 24th of June!!

Peru was a lot colder than I´d expected.... and a lot more so than Madagascar. Lima is cold, cloudy and grey, and thick with pollution. The buses are wicked, however, and have conductors who yell out the destinations with the same enthusiasm as fruit´n´veg stall holders in UK markets.

We spent the first 8 days hanging around various parts of Lima (firstly at the Point hostel in Barranco, then onto HI in Miraflores, and lastly Kusillus hostel in the centre of Miraflores).

We visited the San Fransisco museum, catacombs, cathedral, saw the changing of the guards in Lima central´s Plaza de Armas. (Also got our pictures taken by some random school children - slightly disconcerting but highly amusing!!)

Wandered the Indian market (a thousand stalls selling the same old tourist crap...that I love hehe), wandered several shopping malls and watched Shrek 3 (absorbing all aspects of the local culture you see), and also visited the Museo Nacional and a big art gallery.

Pippa´s sisters arrived on the second of July, and we headed off on the start of our exciting Peruvian adventure the next day..!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb