Retreat


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima
August 30th 2012
Published: August 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

This past weekend, I went on a retreat with two of my roommates (Monica and Rommy) who are part of a Catholic group called Puntos Corazon (Home Hearts). The mission of Puntos Corazon is to bring compassion to all those who suffer, to those who wait for the Presence and friendship in the walk of life. Many of the members of Puntos Corazon go on a mission for 1-2 years in another country and live in some of the world's most desperate areas to accompany and share with the people. There are volunteers here from Argentina, Germany, France, Belgium, Honduras, Switzerland, and the U.S. - it was a lot of fun to chat with all of them and hear about their experiences.

The retreat was from Friday to Sunday - all day Saturday was in silence which was fabulous and just what I needed to relax and have some quiet time to myself to pray and reflect 😊 The retreat house we were at was beautiful and God even blessed me with some marvelous sunshine on Sunday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

ChurchChurch
Church

Great views... will be even better in the summer when it's not cloudy!
Path to the crossPath to the cross
Path to the cross

We prayed the rosary while walking up to the cross.


Tot: 0.504s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb