Señor and Señorita think they have mono for a week, discover they are just bored.


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima
June 11th 2011
Published: August 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Lima is tediously boring, if you ever find yourself going through peru then this blogger recommends not spending a week in Lima as you may find yourself looking back on it and wondering whether or not you were shrooming.

There is a fountain park that is moderately entertaining. It was built in an urban renewal effort to make the city more attractive to travelers. It wasn't overly successful. 

On the plus side I found an amazing place to buy camera gear. It may sound dull but camera gear is almost impossible to find in South America so this was a big deal. I was trying to get me a Canon 70-200 f2.8 L series lens but it was going to take 27 days and be twice the B&H list price so i settled for some awesome macro extension tubes, the results of which i will put up here or flikr soon. Macro shots are awesome and there are some gnarly insects here. 

We eventually organized ourselves enough to bail so we jumped a bus to Colombia. I will assume that our loyal subscribers aren't particularly well versed in South American geography so you are probably unaware that this trip took us a total of 82 hours to reach our destination (shout out to Balboa if he's reading). 

That was 82 hours spent sitting on a bus.

Doing nothing else, just sitting there.

By the time they had put on the second film and gone into the menu options to take it from English to Spanish and then turned on Spanish subtitles as well i had a feeling we were in for a tedious voyage.

Still, we eventually made it to Bogota and treated ourselves to a luxury hotel for the night. Traveling on a budget is all very well, but as i said to Vez to justify the expense, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

I am listening to: Jay Z - Volume 2: Hard Knock Life
I am reading: Wheel of Time - Winters Heart by Robert Jordan
KM travelled so far: 21,181  

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb