LIMA


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima
January 8th 2011
Published: January 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our stay in Lima was nice; we stayed in the western part of town called ‘Miraflores.’ This was right on the beach/cliffs to the beach and had department stores, restaurants, and markets everywhere. We spent most of our days shopping in the different markets around town. One night we met up with Jay, Jac, and her mum and brother for dinner. We decided to go down this little alleyway filled with pizzerias. It reminded me of Lygon Street in Melbourne where all the waiters sit out the front and argue with other waiters and offer you free drinks to come and eat at their restaurant. Finally we chose a pizzeria who would give us each 3 free beers and all the sangria we could drink. Was a total bargain because all we needed to pay for was our pizza or meal.

Christmas day we woke up around 9am and had the usual breakfast of bread and coca tea, although today I did splurge for the pancakes. Being Christmas everything was closed so we spent the whole day in the hostel with other backpackers. We met a couple from Canberra, father and son from South Carolina, friends from Toronto, people from Italy, and a Korean looking guy from Washington DC. Kelli and I decided to play ping pong, which we soon found out we were terrible!! Video footage proves this! At 5pm we had our Christmas dinner with the fellow backpackers and then hung out in the hostel again.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb