Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima
December 9th 2007
Published: December 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have made it to Peru, after an agonising 28 and half hour bus ride. It wasn't quite as bad as it sounds as we had big chairs that were like arm chairs that reclined so we could sleep. We crossed the border no problem I expected it to be a lot more hairy. As we travelled out of Ecuador we saw miles and miles of Banana plantations. The scenery varied and we got to go through some really small market towns and see how the majority of people in South America live. We wouldn't have seen this if we had flown. The small towns are fasinating it is just one main street with market stall after market stall some market stalls are just piled high with hundreds of watermelons.

When travelling through Peru to get lima most of the road for the last five hours was just desert roads cut into the sand dunes literally. We have spent a day and 2 nights in Lima staying at the Miraflores house hostel. the owner is a real chracter and has helped us book our onwards trip to Ica to go sandboarding and dune bugging and has helped us book our Inca trek. It looks like we will be in Cusco for christmas.

Lima is not much of city to be honest, it is really dirty and doesn't have much worth seeing. We had a walk around and then visited the beach near our hostel. We are off to Ica today and looking forward to it and only a five hour bus ride!!! Will try and up load some photos when we get there.
Big hug and hope you are alll well
xx

Advertisement



12th December 2007

Hi from Wales
Hello to you both - sounds like your having a fab time, can't wait to see the photos when you upload them!!! Morgan says hi, well and Lola does too but she can't speak yet - she took her first proper steps on Monday - but hasn't really walked since, she much rathers travel on her Tigger!!!!! Anyway tis lovely to keep track on what your up to, keep the info coming as I am showing Morgan on his Atlas Map and book where you are!!! Take Care Lots of Love Lia, Darren, Morgan and Lola xxxx

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb