Santiago - Valparaiso - Vina del Mar - San Pedro - Ica - Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
July 14th 2013
Published: July 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

New update about our travel experiences ; )We will call this blog: 'Diario de Motocicleta' . Recently we saw that film about Che Guevara travalling throug South America. The funny thing is that they did almost the same route. They did it on a motorbike, we are doing it mainly by bus and plane.

We don't like buses any more, after 8200 km we decided to continue the other 4000 km by plane and boat....

From Mendoza we had a nice trip through the Andes to Santiago. Entering Chili is quite complicated, it takes time as they check all luggage on fruits, vegetables and other organic food...

In Santiago we visited some friends. It's a nice metropolis poised under snowtipped Andean peaks, cold in the winter, expensive and modern... you might think you are in a big city in Europe. We had nice food, visited some highlights and went to Valparaiso, city of Pablo Neruda.

From there we went to San Pedro de Atacama, dryest desert on earth, 25 degrees in the day, minus 15 in the night. The sky is the clearest you can find in the world, extreme landscapes. We did some desert horseriding, visited lagunas, salt lakes and the moon land scape.

From there we went to Ica, Peru to visit the uncle of PJ. Desert city, growing rapidly. We relaxed a week before heading to Lima. Lima is a grey city in winter and not the most attractive one. From here we will go to Iquitos for a jungle tour, we'll take the boat to Leticia (Colombia) and go direction Bogota and the carribean.... real summer can start!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 11; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb