How it all started


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
May 9th 2010
Published: May 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Goodman and the girlsLeaving Goodman and the girlsLeaving Goodman and the girls

Thursday 6th May, Lasy day after 2 years at Goodman, with the girls.
How it all began....

The longest day of my life!!! Well, Friday 7th May 2010.... we left Sydney airport at 9.50am on, travelled for nearly 30 hours to a land far far away, in the ancient corners of the world, and god behold, its still only 7th May... we´re accidentally stumbled upon the art time traveling.

Farewells at Sydney Kingsford Smith airport was abit of a sad occasion for some, but for me, i was mainly looking forward to the Macdonalds breakfast .... departure gates, a few (or lots in Pham´s case) tears, and hugs and well wishes later, we were through customs, and that was it, the end of my nearly 3.5 years stint down under in Oz.... and the beginning of 3 months adventures, laughs, and hopefully an awesome time.

A short flight to Auckland, then it was off to the 2nd plane ride, this was going to be the big one, 11 hours to Santiago.

The flight was pretty much standard, uneventful, a few sleeps and a few movies later, we were on Chilean soil, at the heart of the capital in Santiago..... first things first immargration.... I, on my pommy (English) passport had
Santiago stopover1Santiago stopover1Santiago stopover1

Cirt centre square, where the local actually wash their faces on the fountain.... nice!!!
no dramas getting through, however, after about 10 minutes of waiting for Pham (who was literally behind me), i began to wonder why she was taking so long, even an indepth body search would be done by now!!

Turns out she got stung with a $61 USD charge for entering the country...... see being a pom (Oz Slang for being English) does have its advantages.
As the stopover was 8 hours, we decided to head into the city for a little nose around..... not sure if it was the fact that we´d been on the road for nearly 20 hours, with hardly any sleep, in cramped spaces, but the city just didnt appeal to us in the shirt 2 hours that we were there!!!

Taxi back to the airport it is then, and slept on the lounges like the rest of the hobos waiting long hour for vonnecting flights...

Last leg Santiago to Lima, got on the plane, conked out literally before take off and slept the whole way.....Arrived at Lima 11.55pm..... 7th May 2010!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Santiago stopover2Santiago stopover2
Santiago stopover2

Look at the river, yes it is a river, except its almost dried!!! and dirty!!!
Our hostelOur hostel
Our hostel

Hostel Buena Vista


13th May 2010

Can't believe it has been that long already since you have been down under! that is one long ass journey! hope it is well worth it! have a great time, don't let all the creepy crawlies into your sleeping bag!

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1mb