Day 1 - 4


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
May 11th 2010
Published: May 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Lima cake stallLima cake stallLima cake stall

celebrating mothers day in Lima
Days:1 - 4

I know this is cheating a little, but man it takes ages to update and administer things blogs. I hope you are enoying them....

Day 1:

First free morning in Lima, we wonder the street, first things first, we need some local currency! once cashed up and feeling like we can buy this country, we took a strool to Amore Park (Park of Love), wandered around local streets getting barring.

Before you know it, it was time for our first meeting with the Intrepid tour that we booked ourselves on for the next 3 weeks! 10 people in total, 3 Poms (myself included), 3 kiwis, 2 Oz, 2 Norweigen... seems like an equal balance of power.... ah, 7 woman to 3 men, we know whose going to have the majority here!

After team meeting, we´re taking a tour of Lima city down town. The tour guide seemed knowledgeable, and English reasonable good. We get a short guide to Lima and Peru, then its off to dinner. We been told its going to be local Peruvian food, so everyone is pretty excited. Except when it get there, its a chicken and chips place. A
Our Back PacksOur Back PacksOur Back Packs

Guess who is travelling for longer????
little like KFC, but with table service, serves alcohol including cocktails... turns out these places are all over the place, seems the Peruvian are crazy aabout chicken (Local apollo "chicken crazy")

Day 2:

Day 2 starts with a tour of the City´s Historical quarters, very pleasant, clean and people seem pretty polite and friendly!!! We reach an old church with loads of history and blah blah, optional that we could ahve done a guided tour, but me and pham being the greedy piggies that we were decided to go and hunt for some local grub! and boy did we stumble upo some good stuff, roast pork rolls, locals food stalls selling food from the mountain region.

we meet up with the rest of the group after our hour of feeding. Next on the agenda, go back to hostel to pick up our bags (see pictures of mine and Pham´s back pack.. I´m here for 3 months, she for 3 weeks) and 4 hour bus ride to Pisco, famed for their Pisco sours!!

Arrive at Pisco, a little tired after such a long trip. check into local hostel, dinner and bed really..

Day 3:
Nice and
Suckling pigSuckling pigSuckling pig

Being piggies!!!
early start with a good old fashion boat trip (every holiday, there´s always a boat trip) to Ballesta Island, where we saw Penguins and Sea lions and what seemed like millions of birds!!!! When we approached the island, i shit you not, it smelt like fish sauce, such a strong flavour..... apparently caused by all the bird shit which they also collect and use as fertiliser!!!!

once this was done, 2 hour trip to Iva, where we went on a dune buggie for a seriously fun ride and fooling around, followed by sand boarding.... i still have sand in my pants, those fine grains of sand gets everywhere!!!

then its off again to Nasca on a bus. We arrive late and check into hostel and dinner then bed... you´re beginning to see a pattern to this now arent you???

Day 4:

Nasca flights to see the Nasca lines.... i was really looking forward to it, we were heading to a small plane, I´m a little nervous, but more excited! we board the plane, sharing to with others, German men...... whiff.... wow, i could not breath through my nose for the whole flight, was even nearly sick
Being on the right side of the LawBeing on the right side of the LawBeing on the right side of the Law

causing mischief with the street police in Lima
at times, but not by the flight, but the smell from the guy in front.

havent posted any photos of Nasca as i dont think i could do it justices

Now afternoon free and catching up on blog.....

about to head out to .... yes you guessed it... dinner, then we have an 11 hour overnight to catch to Areuipa, bet you´re not envying me now are you?


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

SandboardingSandboarding
Sandboarding

sand is everywhere...everywhere!!!
Nasca flight...Nasca flight...
Nasca flight...

on the plane... you cant see it but I´m breathing through my mouth!!! :)


12th May 2010

miss piggy!!!
must have been heaven for you at 'fish sauce' land!!! needed to add black soy beans (doh-see), more salt more soy sauce and more salt and some...
12th May 2010
Honey, does my feet look big in these??

you know what they say about big feet??
love this shot !!!
12th May 2010
Dune buggie and sand boarding

woohoo
check out those arms girlfriend!!!
13th May 2010

wow, your back pack is tiny compared to your friends one. suprised she can stand! Yum, roast prok rolls sounds GOOD!! Kim, you know you was loving the fish sauce smell... bring back good memories of you and hadwin! lol! that buggie thing looks like it would be fun, did they let you stand on the top whilst it was moving! Sand boarding looks a pain, you have to walk back up the dune right!?! suprised you have managed TWO, yes 2 posts already... double your Oz one!!! keep it up!
13th May 2010

Kim La!! You are causing HAVOC!!
Hey Kim!! Looks like you are causing havoc with the locals in south America - first the poor cake ladies, then the piccy people and last but not least you join in the police line up!! I bet they all think - who is this crazy woman!! hehe! :) Keep up the good work with the blogs, it is great to read about and see pics of what you are up to!! Take care! xxx
17th May 2010

shoes
I have been looking for my shoes everywhere and i now i know where they are La......

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb