Peru Day 1


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
June 6th 2009
Published: June 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post



I made it to Peru. The second flight had bumps all the way. I was so happy about that. We had a horrible movie, but luckily the 17/18 hour trip went by really fast. The airport was a typial non first world country. Walked out, and like Nigeria, there was a swarm of people waiting. Some had signs, but of course we didn´t see our driver right away. Walked around a bit, and eventually our hotel taxi driver appeared. Everyone was really friendly on our search too.

Arrived at the hostel 30-40 minutes later. We definately thought we would be driving north so to find ourselves driving south made us hope we were still going our hostel. Eventually we made it.

THe hostel itself looks nice from the outside. THe front of our hostel over looks the ocean on a cliff. I´m excited to see it in day light. THe check'in boy was nice. Only spoke a few words in English. We definately need to learn some SPanish fast. We´re staying in the room called Little England. Right now, it´s just us in a room with a few bunk beds, and a small window. Lisa wasn´t impressed with the mattresses, but I think they´re fine. THere are only two working showers at the moment. Repairs are being done on the other ones as I am typing.

After we dropped ourstuff off in our rooms we wondered over to the bar to have one drink to celebrate. The bar was filled with backpackers around our age. Everyone was super friendly. THere was even one accountant. He was so excited to meet me. Apparently he hasn´t met many. They also own a giant game of Jenga. It must have been close to five feet tall when we walked in.
One of the boys had been in COlumbia for 2 weeks, and had an amazing experience. Came to Lima, went on a date with a Peruvian girl, and then his date robbed him later that night. His later ocmments are if a girl looks out of your league....she is.

Anyways, went to another bar called the Dragon with everyon from the hostel. THey had a local band playing local music on an assortment of instruments. It was so much fun watching them play. We stayed only a short time as we were both so tired from our trip.

Went back to our hostel and were asleep in minutes after our shower experience.

That brings us to this morning where we plan on having breakfast on the beach, and then trying to explore the city.







Advertisement



8th June 2009

Hope you are having fun!!! I don't know what I am going to do without you texting me for the next two weeks!!
8th June 2009

Hope you are having fun!!! I don't know what I am going to do without you texting me for the next two weeks!!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb