arrived last last night


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
June 16th 2008
Published: June 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, so I just arrived in Lima couple nights ago-the flight was pretty good, no delays. Sorry for the crap update I only got half an hour on the internet...So Lima is pretty huge, theres bout 8 mill. The drivers are crazy and like to abuse their power by honking at every pedestrian who tries to cross the road- pedestrians definetely do not have the right of way over here but that makes for some interesting fun. The city is pretty nice, though kind of full of slums and apparently Peru is 80% below the poverty level, which is soo different from anywhere I´ve ever been, and is a bit more difficult to deal with than I thought it would be. Anyways, Lima is a city by the ocean side, which is really cool cause they got this outdoor mall type thing right on a ledge beside the ocean. Yesterday I met up with the tour guide and one person from the group. We took a walk to the beach and the mall and then took a taxi (you can bargan the prices here) to this museum which was really really entertaining. Check out the pics you´ll see why. Anyways, gotta go now, eating breakfast and then gonna go on a tour type thing. Hope everyone´s doing great! I´ll write back hopefully pretty soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

ancient sand city in limaancient sand city in lima
ancient sand city in lima

where the women lived


17th June 2008

Hey
hi Sarah! Glad to hear you got there ok. Lima looks awesome (interesting museum pics...)! I'm sure you're gonna have an amazing time there. Can't wait to hear/see more.
18th June 2008

:D
Looks pretty sweet over there, I hope you're having fun so far
20th June 2008

thanks gary, love you lots
20th June 2008

thanks mel, haha ya the museum was great
24th June 2008

hey buddy! nice pics, hope your having fun and enjoying the weather cause it's raining here. hope your having fun and can't wait for more pics
27th June 2008

:P
sweet pics sis, cant wait to see more... TAKE MORE! love you

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb