DAY 2


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
July 4th 2007
Published: November 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

LarcomarLarcomarLarcomar

Unexpected view of shopping mall.
Miraflores is a district of the Lima Province in Peru. Known for its shopping areas, gardens, flower-filled parks and beaches, it is one of the upscale districts that make up the city of Lima.

So we started the day with a good breakfast, the freshly made papaya and mango juice was to die for, very very delicious. We then quickly showered, dressed and set of to explore Miraflores district on foot. We were advised to start off by exploring Larcomar the newest shopping mall in the area (we love shopping) and only two block away, towards the ocean. We went around in circles for a while - unavailble to find this large shopping mall and our map was of no help either, we decided to give up and walk over to the railing and enjoy the ocean view. One of the foggiest ocean view I have seen, seemed as it was shrouded in mystery and any minute a pirate ship would sail out if the fog. While enjoying our view of the ocean, we turned our faces to the left and our jaws dropped - there was the shopping mall we had been looking for, hidden in the cliff face.
Handicraft marketHandicraft marketHandicraft market

Lovely iconography on handicraft market.

"From the street, Larcomar looks like a nice cliffside park with fountains, a few palm trees and a crowd of people perched along the railing looking out to sea. Walk a few steps down and discover a three-story mall, packed with restaurants, fast-food joints, shops, discos, a 12-screen movie theater and a 24-lane underground bowling alley."
After spending a few hours at Larcomar, we sent of to find the handicraft market, also in the Miraflores area. This market was so full so vibrant colours and things from Inca mythology. Scarfs made from llama (hoped to see one) wool, statue of Inca Gods, painting telling stories and all sorts of wonderful things.
We were not quite ready to spend our money on the first day, decided to have a look around and discover the correct pricing for handicrafts. Good thing was we discovered that Larcomar was over priced, but still a lovely place to hang out. At the handicraft market we discovered that the Peruvian nation drink was "Pisco Sours" and proceeded to the local supermarket to purchase a bottle to try and make some.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Inca IconographyInca Iconography
Inca Iconography

Inca warriors =)
AnshuAnshu
Anshu

My faithful travel buddy at the handicraft market.
The Simpson familyThe Simpson family
The Simpson family

Anshu joins the Simpson crew at Larcomar movies.
Evening entertainment at LarcomarEvening entertainment at Larcomar
Evening entertainment at Larcomar

Some dancing troop performing for shoppers at Larcomar shopping mall.
Larcomar in the eveningLarcomar in the evening
Larcomar in the evening

Passing some art shops in the evening at Larcomar.
Me with some Pisco SourMe with some Pisco Sour
Me with some Pisco Sour

Yeah you can tell by the smile on my face that I am happy to be having some Pisco.....yummmm.
Alcoholic AnsAlcoholic Ans
Alcoholic Ans

Really enjoying the Pisco =)


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb