We made it to Lima!!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
September 1st 2007
Published: September 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

After spending a week of full travel time on the bus from highlands (Quito at 2,800m) to lowlands (Trujillo at sea level) back to highlands (Huaraz at 3200m) and back to lowlands (Lima at sea level) we finally made it to Lima!!! Woo woo! The altitude changes have been rough on our heads and the bus has been mean to our bodies but we haven´t even really noticed. We are still having a great time. The Footprints South America book and Spanish dictionary I got for Xmas have been lifesavers. We woudn´t have been able to find anything or figure out the buses without them.

Our spanish is improving and we are still working at it. But we have found out that if you lean to say a phras, people think you are fluent and will try to then have a conversation with you. The problem is that we have no idea what THEY are saying.

We made it from Huraz on a double decker bus driving on mountainous highways made of sand cliffs....very steep sand cliffs...avalanche???

We are about to start Tucan travel adventure and after looking up the place we are staying at tonight it is described as the most luxurious hotel in central, historical Lima....We weren´t expecting that!!! The hostal we are at right now is 4 blocks from the pacific ocean...we are going to go for a walk there now.

Hope all is good in CANADA.

XOXOXO
Cour and Joel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb