Sandboarding & flying


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
September 3rd 2007
Published: September 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thanks for all the messages everyone! It´s great to hear back from you!

We had a great time in Lima. Didn´t spend much time there but did enjoy some sites on the pacific ocean. Our next stop was Huacachina, an oasis in the middle of the dessert. We took a 5 hour bus to get there, through Pisco. It was pretty incredible driving through the edge of Pisco. So much of the town was destroyed. Part of our trip needed to be rescheduled because of the earthquake because we were going to visit the Ballestas Islands which are near Pisco. But we are happy that we will be spending more time in Arequipa, our next stop in Peru.

Yesterday we went sand boarding and had a very fast and bumpy ride through sand dunes on sand buggies. I wiped out on the steepist hill but didn´t break any bones. This morning we took a 5 person airplane over the Nazca lines. These are a series of carvings that were etched into the sand by the INAs 2000 years ago. The carvings are so big and on flat sand that they cannot be seen on ground...you need to go on a plane to see them. We saw a monkey, a hummingbird, a condor, among other ethes. IT was really an interesting. I can understand why they tell you not to eat before the plane ride. Joel And i took their advice but I still had to use the handy plastic bag they have for all passengers...My stomach can´t take as much as it used to. We also saw the world´s largest sand dune here.

We are the only Canadians in the Tucan group. IT is really interesting to talk with everyone. We all went out for lunch/brunch today to a place called Cañada...we wanted to see what their Canadian food was like. We then found out that Cañada actually means bamboo...what the resturant was made of. Opps!

We are taking an over night bus to Arequipa tonight. We will be in Arequipa for a few days.

Hope all is well up North,

Cour and Joel


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb