free afternoon


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Miraflores
July 7th 2007
Published: July 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

today was a little boring.

i was absolutely exhausted in spanish class. the teacher would ask me a question and i would be like...please ask someone else i cant think this morning i just need a break!

our history lecture was very interesting! we had a guest speaker that is an expert on the shining path. the shining path is a terrorist organization that got a group of people together to try and change peru through terrorism and violence. this event in history went from 1980 to 1992. abigael guzman is in jail till this day because peruvians do not believe in the death penalty. he killed over 40,000 innocent people. 75% were illiterate, indigenous people that mostly spoke quencua (not spanish: an inca language) and all of the supporters were mostly women and children and elders and people from the provinces. we then watched a clip about the movement. if any of you have seen the movie "city of god" it reminds me of that but with real people and real encounters! its so mind boggling how people can be brain washed into believing that killing others is OK!!!!

after school we had lunch in the cafeteria. i really wanted to go to the movies and see shrek 3 being that we had a free afternoon. the movie was only in spanish with no subtitles but i didnt want to concentrate so we didnt go. instead we went to a department store like macys and i bought 2 cute shirts for 54 soles = 18.00 american dollars!!! then we went to the inca market and i bought gloves because i lost mine. i walked my self back into the ghetto to my home. im known as the ghetto superstar!!! i walked to wong which is the area grocery store and got a couple of things that i needed. being that i didnt have a car, the bagger walked 2 block with me with my bags, isnt that cute! thank goodness cuz i was a dummy and bought all heavy things.

anyways....tonight i have to go to sleep early because i have to be up by 4am. we are taking a 4 hour bus ride to paracas and nazca so we can see the nazca lines! i dont know if i am going to go in the plane to see them because it is like an itsy bitsy plane! maybe in america but not in south america. we will be back on sunday afternoon. thank goodness we are getting out of this depressing town!

ciao love u lots!!!
kellita!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb