Home at last


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
July 16th 2009
Published: July 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so we intended to write our final blog in Lima, but just did not get around to it. So, we are writing it from home. So our last days in Lima were a bit of a tired blur. Very large and crowded city, but we were staying in a nice little hostel in a suburb near the beach, with a friendly greeting dog.

Day one was spent relaxing and repacking (which is when Justin found out his phone was stolen, as well as his camera. Both were taken from his checked bags in La Paz. Once home he found out that 5 calls had been made in Bolivia - yeah!) We watched a few movies and ordered a pizza from Papa John's, what a treat.

Day two we went to Miraflores, another suburb of Lima and tried to go to some ruins, but we did not have enough money left in our budget. So, we got lunch, then went to a very fun little cafe to journal and read. We went back to our hostel to email and wait for out flight back to the states.

Our first flight was quite bumpy and on an old plane (no tv's on the back of the seats, only the one screen at the front of the section - what???) but 8 hours later we were in Toronto. We had a 6 hour layover, so we tried to get on an earlier flight, but missed it by 7 minutes, bummer. Our flight to Denver was nice and we were very excited to finally be home. Kevin picked us up with tractor in tow. It felt great to be home! We tried to go on one last errand, running out to the grocery store, which was a bit difficult as our garage door opener was dead and we had to wait about half an hour for a neighbor to leave. Not the best thing to have happen, since we were exhausted and just wanted to be back in our house finally relaxing.

All in all, we had a great time on the trip and are very glad we were able to go. There were some amazing highlights - the trek, Iguazu falls, and getting to experience many different cultures. Thanks for reading our blogs and we look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb