Lima (aka drinkinabag)


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
December 1st 2008
Published: December 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Now Andrew writing as lachlan got too tired standing by the computer. The flight in to lima was uncrowded and ultimately very comfortable. After clearing our first customs in a foreign language we were rushed off to our hotel through the sprawling mass of suburbia called Lima, which on first sight was a little daunting especially given the interpretation some of the locals took to the road rules, driving on the wrong side of the road and launching in to all merging opportunities. Also a little disconcertingly there were masses of riot police and tanks near the centre of the city. Our hostel in Lima (Espana) was some kind of collection of fake art in what used to be a mansion of some kind. For dinner we found some kind of local fast food joint having cheap food with Inca Kola which has some kind of lichorice aftertaste. Not finishing the bottle we asked if we could take the rest back with us. The waitress seemed to understand then returned with the contents of the bottle in a plastic bag. Apparently at about 1am there were a bunch of rowdy local children running around the hostel making a ruckus (about 1 milhao says lachlan) but i wouldnt know as i sleep thorugh it all. The next morning too early we were off to the bus stop on our way to Ica.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb