Lima - Back to where it all started!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
July 19th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We said goodbye to the jungle and flew back to Lima this morning. The flight was weird, we landed at Cusco to drop people off and pick up more but we all stayed on the plane before it took off again to lima. Never been on a flight that's done that before! In Lima we went back to Miraflores and the hotel where we first stayed at the start of the tour. It was so weird being there and knowing everyone as when we first got there it was just me and Ann! I feel like the people on the tour are family now as we've spent so long together, especially the people who we did the Inca trail with.

In the evening we went to a place near the sea front called Larco Mar to have a farewell dinner. It was really nices, we ended up in a bar call mangoes which seemed very sophisticated! The food was lovely but me, Ann, Sarah and Edwina had sharers and got just as much food as the people who ordered individual meals. They expected us to pay double for it but that wasnt going to happen. We got Daniela on the case and she sorted it out for us so we payed for individuals! Ill miss her being able to wrap people round her little finger!! After food we headed to Barranco to a bar which was owned by Danielas friend. It was a really nice place but it was quite chilled and we were all feeling a little tipsy after out Pisco sours and Kir Royales so we wanted somewhere a bit lively! Eventually we headed back to Larco Mar to a club. Me, Ann and a few others from the tour got in for free thanks to Daniela! It was a really good night, the music was a mixture of English and Spanish. All the locals were shouting out the words, it was crazy! Nothing like English clubs! We ran out of money pretty early on in the night but still managed to stay out till 4.30am! Think thats beginning to become a theme! I lost Ann for quite a bit in the club but luckily bumped into her again outside! Typically she didnt have her phone either!

It was a brilliant night to end an absolutely fantastic tour!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016.7kb