Trujillo


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » La Libertad » Trujillo
July 13th 2008
Published: July 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Trujillo on Wednesday the 2nd of July. It´s a nice colonial city with lots of archeological sites from the Moche and Chimu civilizations. Chimu were right before the Incas and the Moches preceded the Chimus. Do not get confused. Moche, then Chimu, then Incas.
We did a few tours to various sites such as Chan Chan, which was the capital of the Chimus.
We also saw Las Huacas de La Luna y Sol, which were temples from the Moche civilization. We liked the Moche style as it is more fun and colourful than the Chimu stuff. We were also intrigued by La Señora de Cao (Moche) who was discovered at El Brujo Complex back in 2005, a female mummy with lots of tattoos on her body! We didn´t get to see her, as the museum where she will be exhibited doesn´t open until November this year. We went around to various tour agencies when trying to book a tour to the complex. Some of them told us that we would be able to see the mummy, which was a lie. Others told us the truth. These are the people that we went with.
On our first night in Trujillo we met some Peruvian guys (some of whom spoke Swedish) in the supermarket who told us about their bar, Bohemian where they play in a band called Metalinca. We went there a couple of times as we liked the vibe of the bar and it was fun to chat with some locals. Unfortunately however we never got to see Metalinca play despite lots of promises. It was also quite amusing to see how some of the band members acted as though they were big artists...
On Saturday we went to get our haircuts which turned out to be a disaster for Kiki. She now hates her hair and wears it up all the time. Stupid hairdresser didn´t know at all what she was doing. All Kiki asked for was a trim and for her hair to be thinned. Nothing more, nothing less. Now she has ended up with short, layered hair. Why oh why?
After a few days in Trujillo we were ready to move on to Lima. We bought our bus tickets, but were told that there will be a strike and that there is a small chance that our bus will be cancelled. This is indeed what happened and we had to stay an extra night. As we had nothing to do on our last day, waiting for the bus, we decided to go to one of the tour agents who had lied to us about La Señora de Cao and confront him. This did not quite go as planned as he was very amused and just laughed at us, denying his lies, claiming we had misunderstood. We all ended up laughed in the office. So much for our complaint...
At 10:30 pm we were happy to finally be on our way on a very luxurious night bus indeed.












Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Peruvian DogPeruvian Dog
Peruvian Dog

These dogs are hairless. Apparently they have higher body temperature than other dogs and are commonly used to warm up arthritis sufferers...
Chan ChanChan Chan
Chan Chan

The old city of the Chimu Culture.
Chan ChanChan Chan
Chan Chan

Restoration project.
Chan ChanChan Chan
Chan Chan

Peruvian dog swimming.


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb