Poor man's Galapagos


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Pisco
March 23rd 2006
Published: March 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

On our final day of our tour we visited Pisco, purely to do the tour of the Ballestas Islands. In fact Pisco has a bad reputation for safety and because we arrived late and left early the next day, few of the group chose to leave the hotel except to buy snacks.

The islands were fantastic though- we got to see loads of birds, including the Peruvian boobies, and sea lions AAAAAAND penguins!!! The sea lions were amazing though because they were all over the place including one beach with about 1000 of them moaning and groaning. We also saw loads of mums teaching their children how to swim. Very cute!

After that we travelled to Lima to spend our last night together as a group. Hotel was lovely- a good one to finish with! After dinner of fish cooked in about 20 cloves of garlic chopped into pieces on my plate, we went to a Cuban bar with a live band where we watched, and never summed up the courage to, salsa. Our tour leader started teaching one of the girls salsa, but she soon reversed the lessons to teach her the Riverdance. Unfortunately, she fell, sprained her ankle and has now got her leg in a plaster! Oops!

We're now back to staying in hostels- our last night in Lima tonight before we start our Chilean adventures!!!

Byeeeee :D




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Penguins!!Penguins!!
Penguins!!

There's 2 at the top of the picture!


28th March 2006

SALSA CALIENTE!!
Cummon guys, didn't you salsa? It's the best ... you'll never get salsa like that in the U.K.... At least you watched though. Amazing, huh? London is finally warming up, so my spirits are lifting a bit :-) But I won't complain about the weather in London b/c I was in Copenhagen over the weekend and it was snowing!!! Looking forward to the Chilean pics and stories. Keep living it up. Bisous, Tash
29th March 2006

Reply to Tish Tash
You're right Tash we shouldn't have chickened out but they were sooo good and we hadnĀ“t drunk enough. Also our leader who was meant to give us a lesson broke her ankle! But we did have a go at tango in Chile...look out for it! :)

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb