Bird Poop...


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Pisco
January 23rd 2006
Published: January 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Birds at Islas BallestasBirds at Islas BallestasBirds at Islas Ballestas

Some of the many birds found at the islands.
Hi folks... first off the key boards down here are a little bit different so bear with the odd funny symbol! Oh ya, were on vacation so expect grammatical errors and runon sentences. Theres also a map of Peru included on the site so that you can see where we are.


Wow... so we finally left Lima and headed down the coast spending a nite in the coastal town of Pisco. We had excellent seafood and made a trip out to the 'Islas Ballestas' a.k.a the poor manĀ“s Galapagos Islands. Thousands upon thousands of birds swarm over head.... and we made it through without incident! About every 7 years some folks go out and collect all the poop (guano) to make fertilizer for all our gardens. Birds, Birds, Birds, some penguins and of course sea loins. We even saw the blue footed booby!


On the outward bound boat journey to the islands we passed by a three-pronged Candelbra (see photo). Its about 150 m high and 50 m wide and about 0.5 m deep. Its been around for... a long time, no one knows.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Pelican at PiscoPelican at Pisco
Pelican at Pisco

Just a lone pelican.
The CandelabraThe Candelabra
The Candelabra

Like the lines of Nazca, the Candelabra is a bit of a mystery... a whole bunch of good stories are out there about who made it and why.


24th January 2006

poop
wow, and no poop on the head, impressive dodging skills ;) i still don't know if i will be a country or two north of you in two weeks or not - i applied for a job and should find out this week, otherwise s.am. here i come! ciao boys!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb