Sea Lions.... and more sea lions!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Pisco
October 25th 2005
Published: November 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sea LionsSea LionsSea Lions

Like me in the morning!!
Heading back north towards Lima, we stopped at Pisco which is a small town near to the coast 4hours south of Lima. Arriving late at night because of the delay on our Nazca Lines flight (3hours) we found a nice Hostel that also arranged tours to the local attraction of Paracas.
The following morning we were picked up at 7.30am and taken by minibus to the port of Paracas. From here we were taken by speedboat to a group of islands about 40 minutes off the coast that were home to hundreds and hundreds of sea lions, thousands of birds, and the odd Humboldt penguin or two.
Lin was like a the cat that got the cream, and never stopped smiling the whole trip. I really enjoyed it too, but was glad that despite the warnings (and emergency hat purchase) none of the birds managed to deposit any of the ´Guano´ that they´re famous for, on our heads!
Back at the port for breakfast, we were then taken by bus around some of the Paracas Nature reserve , which included more amazing landscapes and great views of the ´Cathedral´.
Not a church but a rock formation created by the sea creating an arch like the Needles of the Isle of Wight. (.. although I did manage to convince Lin that there was a priest and a choir down on the beach!)
Arriving back in Pisco at 4 pm, we decided not to hang around and caught the next bus back to Lima where we headed back to the Incahaus hostel in Miraflores. This time we had another day to relax, see a bit of Miraflores including the cliffs where they launch paracenders from, and catch up on some overdue laundry before headin g to the Hotel Kamana for the start of the Inca Trail!.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb