Dont Go Near The Beach


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Pisco
April 5th 2006
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well after leaving Lima, on a 3hr bus ride to Pisco which cost NZ$10 (try going to whangarei for that price!!!) we were dropped off on the side of the road at a "stop". This consisted of people trying to get you to buy sweets and water, and taxi drivers trying to get you into their car. After working out that there was nothing else around for a few miles, we enquired as to where Pisco was....the locals simply pointed down the only other road around...Dubiously we got into a taxi as we didnt fancy walking the 6km in the mid day sun.

We had sorted out a hostel to stay at and after arriving and seeing that it had a pool we relaxed a little as the town is basically a shanty town. We asked the lady where the beach was, and she promptly replied "dont go near the beach, you'll be mugged"...riiight so we came to the right place then. After considering our options, we decided to hitch out of there and go to Ica where the Germans we met in Lima were.

It was rather simply to catch a bus, as the one we got off in the first place, was going there anyway, so all we needed to do was grab another one...easy right? well actually it was, we got into a rather small tuk tuk (if you can call it that) and headed back up the 6km road (once he knew where he was going...we had to give him directions!! and we didnt really know where we were) and simply asked around who to buy tickets from and we were sorted. The next bus came within 20mins and we were on our way again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb