First stop...Pisco!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Pisco
February 17th 2007
Published: February 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The first point of call was a place called Pisco, about a 3 hour drive from Lima! One good thing about there only being three of us was that we just had one minibus and could stretch out, chat, read or play games!

The first thing you notice driving through Peru is how much is just dry, empty land! Every now and again we would see a hut or small town but otherwise it was consistent rocky land and sand dunes. Of course you´d still spot the odd Coca Cola sign, but out here they´ve also got Inca Kola which is a much sweeter drink and apparently more popular.

In typical sod´s law fashion, even the minibus ride couldn´t go without one hiccup! Driving down one of the main highways we suddenly heard a bang and the driver pulled off the road. We jumped out to see what was wrong and the rear Tyre had literally exploded! Luckily the driver was prepared and fixed up a new one in no time, because otherwise we were in the middle of nowhere. A few cars drove past but there were more ´sand twisters´ than anything else on the roads.

We arrived in Pisco in the evening. The town was quite small, but the colours were amazing. Each building was different and in the centre there was a square and a huge church (apparently this is the case in every Peruvian town/city). What was weird was how poor the town looked yet they had a Church worthy of royalty stood in the middle.

The hotel was great, and apparently one of the worst ones we were going to stay in. The whole interior was wooden and with dinner they´re was a Peruvian band playing which along with some excellent Lomo Saltado (a local beef dish) was a great way to start the tour. The town itself was apparently a bit dangerous at night so we went up onto to roof terraces and, amongst an army of cats, watched the night go by!


I KNOW I´M FOUR DAYS BEHIND BUT I´M WRITING IT ALL DOWN TOO, SO I´LL UPDATE THIS WHENEVER I CAN!

PERUVIAN KEYBOARDS/INTERNET AREN´T THE EASIEST TO USE, BUT I´M GETTING THERE

Coming up in the blog



Visit to Ballesta Islands
Trip to the Ica Oasis, sand boarding and buggying
FLight over the Nazca Lines
Night out in Arequipa
Day at Colca Canyon - possibly the most amazing place I´ve ever seen!


Keep reading....


Advertisement



27th February 2007

Hey Monkey!
Hey dude!! sounds awesome! but enough of this beef dish and cola rubbish.. what about the hard drugs and 100% proof tequila ;) next time i log on i'll be in Hong Kong so make it a good'un.. yeah baby!!! cant wait to see you.. dont forget to email me your flight details and all that shizzle. see ya! xxxx

Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb