Nazca


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
July 30th 2012
Published: August 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well I didn´t do the flight!

I started the morning off with "the boys" (Grant, Manny, Des, and Victor) to go and see the Nazca mummies at Chauchilla Cemetery. Not sure how safe the journey was - our speedometer didn´t work, but the car did overheat! The mummies are amazing. So many to see and so many burried yet (eventough grave robbers desecrated many tombs). All of them are burried in the fetal position so that they can be born again from mother earth.

We also saw the lines! Well, in fact, I got to touch them! I was surprised that they aren´t actually "lines" in the traditional sense of the word. They are more like paths that have been scraped of the top layer of rock. The climate here has kept them intact for this long! However, some have been destroyed by flooding and construction. We were able to climb a sacred hill and saw a single line that stretched 10km! It is lined up perfectly for the solstices. We climed up a tower and were able to see "the hands" and "the treeroot". I decided not to spend the $110 for the flight after seeing two figures. Kinda glad I didn´t. Pricilla, Angela, and Grace decided to go. The plane the girls got wouldn´t start so the guys banged on it with a metal rod until it did! However, they loved it and got some amazing pictures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb