The Nazca Lines of Peru - (hangover not recommended)


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
November 29th 2009
Published: November 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Nazca, PeruNazca, PeruNazca, Peru

The spider.
We caught the 8am bus out of Huacachina and headed straight to the airport in Nazca (approx. 3.5 hour bus ride). Following only a few hours of sleep and far too many glasses of wine, I was feeling terrible. By shortly after 12pm, we boarded the tiny 3-passenger plane, barf-bag in hand. Even without a hangover, the ride would be quite nauseating but fortunately, neither of us vomited. Even Braeden was surprised how ill the plane made him feel as he always takes very small planes to and from work. The flight lasted less than 30 minutes but the dips of the plane and struggling to look through a camera lens made the trip feel much longer. The ´Nazca Lines´ were very interesting to see so in the end we were glad we did it - just don´t think we would do it again. As I said, it was difficult trying to focus and take pictures so we only ended up with a few half-decent ones (guess that´s what postcards are for).

Following our flight, we had 8.5 hours to kill before catching the overnight bus to Arequipa. The day was long and Nazca was incredibly hot so we mostly
Nazca, PeruNazca, PeruNazca, Peru

The astronaut.
hung out in the internet cafe and the bus terminal waiting room (small - nothing fancy). Braeden´s stomach is still not 100% and at lunch time he had an unfortunate (but funny) experience. I had previously used the facilities and was surprised at how clean the women´s washroom was (toilet seats, toilet paper, hand soap - many things not commonly found in South America). I passed on the good news to him so when he went to use the facilities, he neglected to look for such necessary items as toilet paper. Apparently the restaurant did not keep the men´s washroom in as good condition as they did not have any of the items listed above. Braeden returned to the table looking foul stating ¨2 minute penalty for improper wiping¨. If ever you have traveled through foreign countries, you understand how often horrible situations like this arise and just how funny they come to be after a while. Long story short, Braeden discovered that money is more effective than receipts - an experience that cost him s./10 (or $3 USD).

We have decided to spend a few days in Arequipa on our way to Cusco as we still have just
Nazca, PeruNazca, PeruNazca, Peru

The hummingbird.
over 2 weeks before we hike the Inca Trail. While in Arequipa, we plan to tour the Colca Canyon which is the largest in the world. Hopefully we will be able to get some good pics 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Nazca, PeruNazca, Peru
Nazca, Peru

The hands.
Nazca, PeruNazca, Peru
Nazca, Peru

Our 3-passenger plane.


9th December 2009

AWESOME!
GREAT BRAEDEN STORY!!!! ;)

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0951s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb