Are you calling me a liar?!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
May 6th 2007
Published: May 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Nazca: Some of you may have heard of the famous Nasca Lines. Funny animal like shapes engraved into the land only visible from the air- yes more small propeller planes like travelling last time, not good. But the Monkey, Hummingbird, Frog, Condor etc were impressive if not truly bizarre, even if I couldnt pay them my full attention for the fear.

The post flight display was even better, almost getting arrested AGAIN! This time for "not paying airport tax," which our operator, (in hindsight just a dodgy man called Stephen) said was included. Should have known when our driver to the airfield looked like he had 2 glass eyes! Nick on principle voices our refusal and sure enough "the Mayor" as he liked to call himself has the police at our hotel before you know it. They march in only for Nick to shout, "Desayuno," and they backtrack patiently waiting outside for him to finish his breakfast much to the disgust of the "Mayor," who now likes to be called "Chief!!" So by the end of this, we dont pay, the police are in fits of laughter and the "Mayor," has a face like a slapped arse.

And all this fun before Cusco...............


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb