Nazca


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
December 20th 2006
Published: January 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We took a long bus to Nazca from Cuzco and stayed there for 4 days or so. The first night we went to the planetarium where they had a good presentation about the Nazca Lines and how they are probably related to water sources and astronomy. One of the questions during the presentation was if the lines were meant to be a runway for spaceships. That question was answered seriously by the presenter as he explained that spaceships wouldn't need a runway to land they would just hover down.

The second day we went up in a small plane to see the Nazca lines. The plane fit 5 people, the pilot, us, and an older couple. The guidebook warned us that the flight was nauseating and that airsickness was a frequent problem with the plane continuously doing 90 degree turns so that your window is parallel with the ground. Within 10 minutes Tiffany began to throw up, followed shortly by the other couple while I was left on my own to snap photos from both sides of the plane for the remainder of our flight.

We hung out in Nazca for another day or so before heading to Pisco.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb