Peru, Argentina, first few days...


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Huacachina
November 3rd 2011
Published: November 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,

I´ve got some time ony my hands (more on why later) so i thought i´d set up a travel blog. One important note before i start... My typos are commonplace in general, but expect more while i´m using this SA style keyboard.... Anyway....

Days 1-3. Travelling Galore:

People say there something excting about waiting to travel, the little checks that you do to make sure you have everything, the constant reading and the research you´ve done coming to mind as you go over the trip in your head. Airports too, can be seen as charming places, with everyone there slightly happier than normal before going on their trips away.

However, people talk a lot of shite. There is nothing charming about airports, and there´s nothing exciting about waiting to go, while you´ve got the nagging in your head that you´ve forgotten something, and more importantly you have the knowledge that you´re completely winging a trip in another continent where people don´t understand you. hmmmm.

So far i´ve flown to Sau Paolo, waited there for my connecting flight to Buenos Aries, stayed in Buenos Aires, Flown to Lima, caught a bus from Lima to Ica, and then a taxi to Haucachina.... two full on days, but that was always going to be the case.

Haucachina is a lagoon in the middle of huge sand dunes, full with palm trees and plenty of hostels. My plan was to spend a night, do some Sandboarding, and then leave for Arequipa on an overnight bus.

As i arrived in Haucachina, i found a hostel that looked ok, i spoke to a recommend tour giude/taxi driver there about the overnight buses.... He told me the bus times and that i just need to go there on the night to get one, no need to reserve tickets, and then he got me money off my hostel. His name is Jose, and he is a legend.

After sleeping through my first real night of this trip instead of getting drunk, i woke up and explored Haucachina, it´s a very nice place. But i was there for the sandboarding.... So after an insane sand dune buggy journey over the dunes we were boarding down the slopes.... My one lesson snowboarding 7 years ago (nice one Rob) must have came in handy as i was awesome.

With that done, and on Jose´s advice, i rocked up to the bus terminal for my overnight bus to Areqiupa, only to be told that they´re sold out of seats!

Tomorow will now be wasted on another long journey to Arequipa, rather than exploring it.

Jose is a f*ck wit.

To put a positive spin on this turn of events i´ve got another night in Haucachina. So after this blog i´ll be eating and getting drunk which i should have done last night, but for being knackered from travelling.

My plan for the next few days is:
Travel to Arequipa
Stay one night, explore the city the next day and then travel onto Puno.

Basically the first week of my trip involves a lot of buses! As i´m gearing the most part of my trip around Cuzco and Puerto Maldanado (in the amazon). Before flying back to Buenos Aires and meeting Jo, which will be awesome. So whereas now the Jose incident (what a d1ck head) is still annoying the hell out of me, i know that this is a small blip on my awesome trip

Wish me luck :-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb