Back to Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Pisac
August 10th 2014
Published: August 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We were all a little slow to get moving this morning. Partly as we were tired from the day at Machu Picchu and partly as we knew it was already time to leave the Capilla Lodge. We had a great time there with Chris and Rhomina and would recommend it in a heartbeat.
So, after a late breakfast we packed up and drove out towards Pisac, a small town about an hour away, known for its market and its Incan ruins. The market was almost entirely stuff for tourists which was not surprising but a little disappointing. We wandered around for a while then found a great place for lunch. Ben, who is not normally an especially adventurous eater, surprised us by ordering an alpaca steak which was delicious. Carys bought an Alpaca soft toy a couple of days ago who she has named El Furious O'Fluffy. Rolls off the tongue, eh? And apparently when El Furious is fighting in the AFL (the Alpaca Fighting League) he goes by the stage name of Marshmallow. Obviously. Anyway, as you can imagine Carys was a bit troubled that Ben was eating one of El Furious' relatives for lunch!
Back to the plot....next stop was an animal sanctuary for Llamas and Alpacas. Can't get away from them today. Lots of animals and a few old ladies weaving things with the animal's wool. I'll have to sneak a photo of one of the local old ladies as their clothing is pretty special....tall hats (like Pharrell's), brightly colored skirts with wooly tights and big colorful bags slung over their back.
From the sanctuary we jumped back in the car and drove to Cusco. We are staying here for the next three nights in a small hotel right in the middle of town. The place seems nice but it doesn't have the über-relaxed feeling we left this morning. We are hoping for decent weather but it's far from certain at this time of year. We are at a high altitude and it's gets very cold here at night (lows in 30s Fahrenheit).
Early night tonight and off exploring in the morning!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



10th August 2014

El Furious O'Fluffy
I love the name El Furious O'Fluffy. I'm so excited to meet him in person. It's fun to see where you guys are going every day. I miss you. From, Natalie
10th August 2014

Re: El Furious O'Fluffy
Hi Natalie , I'm glad you like the name El Furious O'Fluffy! I named him that because he is SO FLUFFY!!! I miss you so much:( From the awesome Carys

Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb