Pisac Adventure


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Pisac
June 11th 2009
Published: June 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up early and caught a dirt cheap local bus to Pisac to check out the ruins there. We were the only non-Peruvians on the bus. Some would say it was a bit sketchy, but it really wasnt. After about an hour we got to the town and then I talked a taxi drvier into bringing us up to the ruins for cheap. There we hiked for a bit to see them. It was really amazing. The fortress is on a mountain top overlooking three sides of the valley. The views were incredible. We sat up there a while just taking it in. We were two of maybe 6 people at the ruins. When we left however there was a bunch of French people on their way up.

then we went back to Pisac and walked around the market and main square. We had another dirt cheap lunch with delicious food and tons of it at some place where again we were the only tourists. Then we got back on the bus towards Cuzco. when we got on it was packed and they insisted that we had seats. There were people standing all throughout the aisles. The trip went faster and as we went people got off so it got more comfortable. This whole experience of going to Pisac was just awesome. It was an adventure and costs us so little for everything.

Upon arriving back in Cuzco, there is another big parade going on. There seems to be twice as many people out today though. The entire Plaza de Armas is packed like Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras (ok maybe not that bad, but tons of people). From our room we can still hear the music in the square. It is so interesting to see.

Peru keeps amazing us and I only fall in love with it more and more with every passing experience. I donĀ“t think my words are justifying this trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb