Peru Trip (August 11th- 27th, 2012)


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Moray
August 17th 2012
Published: December 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 7: Friday, August 17th, 2012- Chincheros, Moray and Maras

Today, we took a guided tour to Moray, Maras and the salt mines. We made a stopover in Chincheros, where we learned how the pepole create their many textile fabrics. To clean the alpaca wool they use a natural made soap. The colours they use are made from natural ingredients such as beetle blood (red), and salt (changes colour of wool to different hues).

In Chincheros, we bought a lot of stuff including 3 sweaters, and 2 toques. In total we spent around 200 soles there. Then we headed off to Moray. In Moray, I forgot that we needed to buy a Boleto Turistico, so that we see the many sites around Cusco. We spend the majority of our soles at the previous stop and they would not accept American dollars. So we ended up buying one Boleto Turisco and a general ticket to Moray. Moray features a hugh number of circular farming terraces. It is believed to have been an experimental farming center in the Inca times, since each set of circular terraces has a different micro-climate.

After Moray we headed off to Maras and the salt mines. The salt mines supply the majority of salt used in the Cusco region. Then we headed back to Cusco where we exchanged some American dollars into Soles and then called it a night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

My dinnerMy dinner
My dinner

Sopa de Creola (I think)


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb