Machu Picchu Day 2


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
January 8th 2010
Published: January 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Adam got up early to try and go to Huayna Picchu, but when he met up with the guide, the guide said he needed to have decided the night before. In the end it didn't matter, since no one in our group got there early enough to be in the group of 400 they let go every day. It sounded like a lot of people just walked up there and waited (because the buses didn't start early enough).

Adam then decided to go to Machu Picchu earlier with his dad, Andrea and her sister to hike out to the sun gate, which none of them did the day before (except Adam's dad). Carrianne, Steve and I had breakfast at the hotel and then headed up around 8:45am. It was nice to not have a guide or anybody telling us where we had to be. We walked around the ruins, re-visited the sun temple and went to the temple of the three doorways. We were looking at llamas in the main square when Adam tried to sneak up and scare me. I turned and saw him before he was able too. He said the hike out to the Sun Gate was good, but it was very foggy in the morning and hard to see back at the Machu Picchu ruins.

We had to be back at the hotel and ready to leave after lunch. We had to all go as a group to lunch, so of course the service was very slow. The soups were incredibly salty, except Adam, who got a really good creole style soup. During lunch a flute band came and played, which I think a lot of the older people enjoyed a lot. We had to rush through our food once it came and run to the train station so we wouldn't miss our train. The train ride back was not on as nice of a train. It was hot and the ride felt a lot less fun. Maybe because there was no anticipation.

We found a small restaurant where we got burritos for dinner. Adam and I split a tasty chicken, bean and avocado burrito. The ingredients tasted really fresh.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Machu PicchuMachu Picchu
Machu Picchu

Adam and Andrea
Machu PicchuMachu Picchu
Machu Picchu

Adam and his dad


Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 68; dbt: 0.144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb