Bob The Inca


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
January 2nd 2006
Published: January 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Why would Dani chase a llama when we are on the top of a mountain with a rather large drop down the edge!?

I am still not sure why, maybe it was for the photo, or maybe it was a territorial thing, i´m not too sure. Still, the llama won in the end.

There is nothing bad i can say about Machu Picchu. Ok, i lie, there is one thing - bloody gringos outnumber the locals three to one - but apart from that its simply amazing!

We must have had some Inka Kola god smiling down on us as when we got to the top of Machu Picchu (an ancient city hidden in the middle of the Peruvian Andes only re-discovered in 1911) the weather was perfect! Especially as we are nowhere near the start of the tourist 'good weather' season.

We got ourselves on the first bus up to the top (as i am too lazy to walk - dani can make her own excuses) and we were some of the first to run amongst the ruins, taking mystical photos of the ancient Inca god 'Bob' through the mist.

The weather soon cleared and we found the perfect places to get the picture postcard pictures you picture in your mind when picturing the most picturesque site of South America! It was picture-litious!

Fair enough this place is one of the tourist hot-spots of the world, but it is definately there on good merit! Hope you enjoy the pictures,

i'll be back.....


Matt and Dani (the llama)


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Can you guess what this is?Can you guess what this is?
Can you guess what this is?

In the main Plaza in Cusco they have christmas decorations up, but what me and dani saw in this, well, isnt very religious...what do you think?
Tambo MachayTambo Machay
Tambo Machay

near Cusco
pigs in the way!pigs in the way!
pigs in the way!

Dani found them very cute
some Cusco at 6amsome Cusco at 6am
some Cusco at 6am

from the train station
Bob the IncaBob the Inca
Bob the Inca

Inca Bob starts to chant the fog away... OMMMMMM ...
bird...bird...
bird...

the bastard wouldnt open it's wings for us tho!!
cute babycute baby
cute baby

(consider this a big compliment adjetive as we dont find babies any near cute, woo ha ha ha ha)


2nd January 2006

jealousy
well my dear friend i certainly cannot hide my jealousy. your adventures certainly beat the tedious attempt that i am making at looking for a job. anyhow just wanted to check in and say its good to hear you're enjoying yourself take care, love jo
4th January 2006

me jealous??
How can your photos of Machu Picchu compare to a day's hard work educating the young of tomorrow? How can that spectacular scenery compare to facing a sea of keen, eager and well-motivated pupils?? No, I am not the slightest bit jealous. give me all this mist, damp, fog and Tony blair any day!So glad you are having a great time though! Keep sending the pics! Love, Anne.

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0917s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb