cute kids...amazing site...and lots of fun


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Lares Trek
May 8th 2007
Published: May 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunetly me and linda waited to long to book the inca trail so we had to do an alternative trek...which was amazing. We began by waking up at 6 am and driving two hours through calca to start our hike. We walked through the scared valley to the Machacancha thermo-medicinal springs. The hike was nice, very scenic with lush mountains, the river, tombs in the mountains, and lots and lots of alpaca and llamas. We stopped to have lunch at the hot springs and relax in the springs as well. We then continued our hike to our first campsite. Along the way we meet with lots of kids and handed them school supplies and candy.

The kids are all so so adorable. It is amazing how greatful they are for a pen or a lolipop, i want a little peruvian kid. After a few hours we made it to our site. After our gorumet meal, we were all so exhausted we went to bed. The food on this trip was amazing. I cant imagine making food this great over a small fire at a camp site.

The next day we continued to walk through the valley. We had alittle troubles on the first part. It was about 4 hours up hill, and hard to breathe because of the altitude. Luckily there was an extra horse to help those in need, i was a champ and made it all the way, however three or four people, out of our group of ten, had troubles. Actually most people got sick on our trek. We were going to bet who would make it to the end still healthy.

After the long uphill hike we continued anothe 4 hours downhill. Where we met with more children to hand out supplies. The children in this area have to walk each day 1 hour and a half to and from school....imagine that.

The following day we walked 4 hours to olintambo. On the way we stoped off at a kindergarden class. The kids were so adorable and sang to us in their native tongue. We in turn tought them the chicken dance...dont ask some how that song came up one day at dinner and it was one song we all knew.

After some time in olintambo we took a train to auguas calientas to prepare for machu picchu the next day. Auguas calientas was a cute little city. Well machu picchu is a whole new blog, but the site and whole trip was amazing. We had a great group of people and although me and linda were the only two under the age of thirty we all really got along.
Our group definetly had our quirks...A guide whose english wasnt that great but what he did say was pretty damn fun, two twins who always magaed to make us laugh, a women who i swear who was at least 60 but claimed to be 47 who definetly spiced up the trip, the couple with the only guy in the group, and the frenchies. The people you spend the treks with really make or break your trips.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb