On the Trail of the Inkas


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Inca Trail
April 25th 2006
Published: April 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Inca Trail is a 43km 4 day hike throught the Andes starting at Km82 and finishing at Machu Picchu the most famous and beautiful Inca ruins in the world. There was 15 in our group, almost all over 25, and we would spend the 4 days negotiating the trail with expert knowledge supplied by our amazing and charming guide Omar, who may be the best Peruvian ever. I knew before signing up it was going to be hard with the second day featuring a 1200m ascent called Dead Womens pass and the third day involving 3600 steps (very loosely applied term, its a very steep rocky trail) down the mountain nick named Gringo Killer due to the amount of serious injuries suffered by tourist. All this at an altitiude which peaked at 4300m and temperatures falling well below zero at night meant it wasnt going to be a walk in the Incan park.

It really was the most rewarding/tiring/bestest thing ive done and even though at times it all seemed too hard this only made the completion even better. A small thank you to carl barat and pete doherty, without Up The Bracket (on repeat until my battery died) it would have been alot harder.

I will put up the entire story of the trek soon, but thought id just put some pictures up for now due to time. I used my entire memory card so have many more to bore you with when i get back so dont worry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



30th April 2006

Congratulation guys, I see everybody goes to Machu Pichu :)...glad i can be a witness.Waiting for my turn to come...(Elena-Bucharest, Romania)

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb