Day10


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Inca Trail
July 7th 2007
Published: August 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This morning, the third day of our hike saw us start our trek at 6:30am. We would be walking the best part of the day over 14km. After about an hour of walking upwards, we stopped at the Inca ruins of Runcu Raccay which was a circular building with a rectangular outbuilding probably served the purpose of a guard-post due to it's prominent position above the trail. After climbing the second pass we took a slight detour to visit the site of Sayac Marca or "inaccessible town" which was very aptly named as there were steep cliffs on three sides and a sheer row of steps to get to the site on the other. As is the case with many Inca sites, the settlement had fantastic views across the mountain ranges. After passing through the second of two Inca tunnels we stopped for lunch at the top of the third pass on the trail, with impressive views of the top of Machu Picchu mountain and the immaculate ruins of Phuyu Pata Marca.
Our camp, 8 hours after we started was Winya Wayna. The Inca ruins at Winya Wayna were amongst the most impressive we had seen so far - until tomorrow perhaps?
At dinner we said our farewells to the Porters who had looked after us famously. Ollie organised a collection for the team of twelve plus Guide.
We managed to get a shower for the first time in days...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb